Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Village

It Takes A Village – To Elect Susan Ketteringham

I have decided to ‘Run for Trustee of Ward C’ and I am so much looking forward to the journey and process. I absolutely know that I will positively deliver while in the role and at this stage I am equally as enthusiastic about the “running” component and all that it entails.

In recent months I have had the pleasure of connecting with many of you within the community broaching the topic of education and the trustee role in general.  Amidst those discussions a great number have asked “how can I contribute?” and “how can I support you?”  Contributions and support can be made in a variety of ways and all will be embraced and are appreciated.

I have provided some suggestions below to assist those of you who wish to show support and please feel free to add to the toolkit should you have additional ideas or suggestions!


1. Vote on October 21st, 2013. Even if you can’t (or won’t J) vote for me, please exercise your right (and responsibility) as a citizen and vote.

2. I use twitter (@sketteri), facebook, and LinkedIn. Connect with me there and share the fact that I am embarking on this mission on behalf of the students in public school in Edmonton. Every 'like', 'share', 'RT' will help.

3. Read my blog, post comments, and share it with the people in your network. (kett4wardc.blogspot.ca)

4. Do you live in Ward C? If you do, will you offer to take a lawn sign in September?  Do you know someone who lives in Ward C? Ask them to take a lawn sign! Email me the details at ketteringham@shaw.ca

5. Do you have words of encouragement for me in pursuing the role of Ward C Trustee? Post them and give me permission to share them in other electronic or printed methods.

6. I spend a lot of time walking and talking. Do you want to join me in talking to our Ward C neighbours? I guarantee laughs and some fabulous conversations.

7. Do you like to walk and think? Let me give you some postcards to deliver to our Ward C neighbours so they can begin to know who I am. There are a *lot* of awesome people to meet on the way.

8. Do you like to drive? Let me give you some signs to deliver to different Ward C addresses here in Edmonton for the citizens who want to support my candidacy.

9. Do you feel time-starved yet still want to contribute? I would be grateful for any monetary donations. You are able to donate using the “donate” button on the bottom of my blog. If you want to e-transfer money my email address is ketteringham@shaw.ca, or you can mail it the old-fashioned way to 12208 – 140th Street T5L 2C7. I promise you that I will spend every penny wisely.

10. Are you part of a parent or community group that is interested in sharing their thoughts and perspectives on public education? I would love an introduction.


It takes a village to raise a child, it will require the same village to see me in the Ward C Trustee seat. I am open to any suggestions you have to help make K-E-T-T-E-R-I-N-G-H-A-M a household name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment